Sign up a group
Any local group that shares our values (justice, equality, solidarity) is invited to add their details to this site. Use this page to find out what joining means for your group, and check out how to join in five easy steps.
Before registering your group we’d recommend first reading through this page to make sure you know what that means. When you’re ready, this is how you set up a group page:
That’s it! You’re done! Congratulations. Now you can post events & actions, write blog articles, get & offer skills… the list goes on!
Who can join?
Any non-profit group, organisation, project, charity, union, society, faith group or sports club who are working in Leeds towards social change with the values of solidarity, justice and equality. Check out our values page to see exactly what we think these words mean.
While most of the Leeds for Change website is accessible for the public to view, most of the areas of participation require either individual or group membership.
By becoming a group member you can:
- Create a profile page for your group or organisation with a photo, description, how people can get involved and a chance for people to sign up to your mailing list
- Post unlimited events on the shared calendar to reach a wide and diverse new audience
- Recruit new members via your profile page and events
- Receive group support from other members through the Leeds Skillshare Network
- Collaborate on new campaigns or projects by groups and organisations seeing your new profile page
- Be a ‘featured group’ on the home page of the website
- Write blog articles to share experience and learning, or tell people all about your group
- Enter the Leeds for Change awards to showcase all your incredible work
How much is subscription?
Leeds for Change has received grants and donations to build the initial website, but needs to raise funds to keep it in working order, pay volunteer expenses, publicity etc. The annual membership fees allow the project to be a bit sustainable, while the sliding scale means that all groups can join.
Of course, if your group is able to donate more than the membership fee, we would be very grateful for the contribution to the site.
|Organisational Annual Income*||Membership fee|
|Less than £500||Free|
|£500 – £5000||£10|
|£5000 – £10,000||£20|
|£10,000 – £20,000||£30|
|£30,000 and over||£40|
*Please note that ‘income’ refers to annual income for the group or organisation joining. Groups or organisations who are part of a national or regional umbrella body just count their own group’s income. For example, the local Oxfam group would count their group income, not Oxfam GB’s income.
We do not want the membership fee to be a barrier to any group joining. So, if you would love your group to join, but are unable to pay the membership fee, please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org